Thursday 4 April 2013

Military Divorce Advice - Get Free Help


I've been in the military for many years. I decided at a very early age to make a career of it and have seen a lot over the past twenty years that most would struggle to understand. I even tried to raise a family under the ever changing address of the military man. I found this part of my life to actually be the most challenging, rewarding, and frustrating of anything I have faced thus far. As many would attest, falling in love is great, creating a child out of that love is a thing of amazement, but losing those two within a short period of time is devastating. However I chose to dedicate myself to the military profession for life and sadly my family life couldn't keep up with the success I had moving through the ranks in the military.

After many years of traveling from place to place, dragging my wife and children along, she had had enough and decided to file for a divorce. Although I complied and knew it was probably for the best, neither of us knew the type of complexities involved in a military divorce. I was able to find some help through a website called legal-yogi.com. They initially provided some military divorce advice and also set me up with local military divorce attorneys. There were certain things they mentioned concerning military divorce which I'll share with you.

                                               You Can Submit Your Query Here

The Service Members' Civil Relief Act (SCRA)

The SCRA has protected deployed and active duty service members since 2003 from the distractions of civil litigation, and that includes divorce. This protection lasts up to 90 days after active duty ceased.

The Uniformed Services Former Spouses' Protection Act (USFSPA)

Created in 1982, the USFSPA acknowledges that domestic support of military personnel is similar to supporting the military as a whole. Therefore military spouses are entitled to 50% of retirement funds after a divorce. Military retirement pay is considered property instead of income. As a result proof of need is not required. If my spouse who is not in the military gets remarried she would still receive the same amount.

I had to read up on the rules and regulations pertaining to my state with the help of an advisor from legal-yogi.com. These were so complicated I would have been lost without their help and the help of the child support and custody lawyer I had hired. We eventually were able to work through all the details and proceed with the case, but it certainly moved at snail's pace throughout the year. Things like my pension, my years of service, how long I intended to serve for, and both myself and my spouses background and family were all taken into account in great detail to iron out the finishing touches. However we did it. I can't speak highly enough of legal-yogi.com and their dedicated staff that helped introduce me to a divorce attorney for men. If you have any further inquiries I suggest seeking their expert advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment